[openstack-dev] [all] Re-evaluating the suitability of the 6 month release cycle

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Thu Mar 5 00:33:00 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Thierry Carrez" <thierry at openstack.org>
> To: "James Bottomley" <James.Bottomley at HansenPartnership.com>

> > It's certainly a lot less than you, but we have the entire system
> > call
> > man pages.  It's an official project of the kernel:
> >
> > https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/
> >
> > And we maintain translations for it
> >
> > https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/translations.html
>
> By translations I meant strings in the software itself, not doc
> translations. We don't translate docs upstream either :) I guess we
> could drop those (and/or downstream them in a way) if that was the
> last
> thing holding up adding more agility.

There is actually a group of contributors working on translation of documentation and translations in various stages of completeness are available at docs.openstack.org (hit the more releases and languages drop down to find them). The challenge for the translators of course is they are trying to hit a target that is moving not just until the release but often well beyond it as the documentation team themselves try to catch up.

-Steve