[openstack-dev] [nova][libvirt] The None and 'none' for CONF.libvirt.cpu_mode

Jiang, Yunhong yunhong.jiang at intel.com
Wed Mar 4 14:52:06 UTC 2015

Hi, Daniel
	I'm a bit confused of the None/'none' for CONF.libvirt.cpu_mode. Per my understanding, None means there is no configuration provided and libvirt will select the default value based on the virt_type, none means no cpu_mode information should be provided. For the guest, am I right?

              In _get_guest_cpu_model_config() on virt/libvirt/driver.py, if mode is 'none', kvm/qemu virt_type will return a vconfig.LibvirtConfigGuestCPU() while other virt type will return None. What's the difference of this return difference?

Thanks
--jyh