[openstack-dev] [mistral] Break_on in Retry policy

Renat Akhmerov rakhmerov at mirantis.com
Wed Mar 4 08:43:48 UTC 2015

Nikolay, thanks for sharing this…

I think that we really have a semantical ambiguity here. If we leave just “break-on” that both types of behavior have a right to exist.

I’m personally for defining that more explicitly with two separate instructions “success-on” and “error-on”. A use case for “success-on” may be, for example, checking a completion of another parallel task and if it’s completed then we can treat our task successful meaning that we already got what’s required. I know it sounds a little bit generic but still pointful for me.

Renat Akhmerov
@ Mirantis Inc.