[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Plugins] Plugins manager as a separate service

Dmitriy Shulyak dshulyak at mirantis.com
Tue Mar 3 21:45:22 UTC 2015

Hello,

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 6:12 PM, Evgeniy L <eli at mirantis.com> wrote:

> Solution [3] is to implement plugin manager as a separate service
> and move all of the complexity there, fuelclient will be able to use
> REST API to install/delete/update/downgrade plugins.
> In the same way as it's done for OSTF.

I remember that such manager was discussed, but cant recall all details.
So, can you please provide more information on what that manager will be
doing?

If it is going to reimplement code that is added into fuel client, than i
think it should not be a separate service,
but another kind of deffered task that will be executed by orchestrator.

The only technical question which I have is how are we going to
> install the packages from the container on the host system, ssh?

If we want to add some complexity to plugin manager, and lets say install
additional packages in nailgun container, ostf
container - than ssh will not be enough, and probably we need rpc agent in
each of those containers.
But I would prefer not to mess with container state at all, and if we are
going to provide extension to nailgun/other services code
than it is a time to raise a question about going away from docker once
again.