[openstack-dev] auto-abandon changesets considered harmful (was Re: [stable][all] Revisiting the 6 month release cycle [metrics])

John Griffith john.griffith8 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 20:10:10 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 12:52 PM, James E. Blair <corvus at inaugust.com> wrote:

> Doug Wiegley <dougwig at parksidesoftware.com> writes:
>
> > A default query that edited out old, jenkins failing, and -2 stuff
> > would be helpful.  A default or easy query that highlighted things
> > relevant to the current milestone's blueprints and bugs would be SUPER
> > useful to guiding folks towards the most useful reviews to be doing
> > for a given project.
>
> Great, this is the kind of information I'm looking for.  Please tell me
> what page or query you specifically use to find reviews, and let's work
> to make sure it shows you the right information.
>
> -Jim

​Wow.. so some really good (and some surprising) viewpoints.  There are
things I hadn't thought about it here so that's great.  I also like the
idea from Tom of an automatic comment being added, that's pretty cool in my
opinion.  I also think James makes some great points about the query tools,
combining all of this sounds great.

Thinking more about this today and the reality is, it's been several months
since I've made it far enough down my review list in gerrit to get to
anything more than a few days old anyway, so I suppose if it presents a
better experience for the submitter, that's great.  In other words it
probably doesn't matter any more if it's in the queue or not.

My own personal opinions (stated earlier) aside.  I think compromise along
the lines suggested is a great approach and a win for everybody involved.

​