[openstack-dev] [Ironic][TripleO] IPMI controller for OpenStack instances

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Mon Mar 2 18:03:16 UTC 2015

It's been quite a while since my last QuintupleO update, mostly due to
excessive busy-ness, but I've been asked about it enough times since
then that I decided to make time for it.  I made another blog post with
more details [1], but the gist is that I have a pyghmi-based IPMI
controller for OpenStack instances that allows Ironic deploys to work as
long as you have my Nova and Neutron hacks applied too.

I still haven't done a full end to end TripleO run in this environment
yet, but I believe this makes all of the necessary pieces available in
case someone wants to try it.  It should be possible to run against an
environment like this using the baremetal-focused setup since it behaves
more like baremetal than the virsh-based setups do (no pxe_ssh driver,
for example).

Anyway, hit me up on IRC if you have questions or want to try this out.
 Thanks.

[1]: http://blog.nemebean.com/content/ipmi-controller-openstack-instances

-Ben