[openstack-dev] [TripleO] diskimage-builder 1.0.0

James Slagle james.slagle at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 15:30:49 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 8:44 AM, Gregory Haynes <greg at greghaynes.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> DIB has come a long way and we seem to have a fairly stable interface
> for the elements and the image creation scripts. As such, I think it's
> about time we commit to a major version release. Hopefully this can give
> our users the (correct) impression that DIB is ready for use by folks
> who want some level of interface stability.
>
> AFAICT our bug list does not have any major issues that might require us
> to break our interface, so I dont see any harm in 'just going for it'.
> If anyone has input on fixes/features we should consider including
> before a 1.0.0 release please speak up now. If there are no objections
> by next week I'd like to try and cut a release then. :)

Sounds good to me. I think the stable interfaces also includes the
elements expected environment variables. It probably makes sense to
document somewhere what the stable interfaces are, so that people
doing releases know how to version the release appropriately based on
any changes to those interfaces.

Should we also remove the deprecated disk-image-get-kernel prior to
the 1.0.0? There's a few other deprecations as well (map-packages),
but I don't think we ever fully moved off of that in dib itself.

> Cheers,
> Greg

-- James Slagle