[openstack-dev] Why doesn't Gerrit email me?

Neil Jerram Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com
Tue Jun 30 13:41:04 UTC 2015

On 30/06/15 14:33, Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30 2015, Neil Jerram wrote:
>
>> Apologies if this is an FAQ - I tried a quick search, but that didn't find
>> anything that looked both up to date and authoritative.
>>
>> I keep going back to Gerrit jobs that I've reviewed or commented on, and
>> finding that there have been other comments since mine, but that Gerrit didn't
>> email me about.
>>
>> Does anyone know why that happens?  It's really important to my workflow, and
>> to continuing review conversations effectively, that Gerrit emails new comments
>> reliably and in good time.  Could I be doing something wrong that is causing
>> this not to happen?
>
> Maybe you need to add the projects you care about in "Watched Projects"
> at https://review.openstack.org/#/settings/projects

Thanks for the suggestion.  I didn't know about that.

At the moment, however, I have nothing configured here - and AFAIK I
never have had - and I _have_ received emails in the past for most of
the Gerrit jobs that I have commented on.  Presumably, therefore, there
is a default email notification behaviour that doesn't require anything
under "Watched Projects".  I wonder why that would mostly work, but
sometimes (apparently) not.

Regards,
	Neil