[openstack-dev] [Mistral][Murano] What's the latest/greatest on YAQL?

Dmitri Zimine dzimine at stackstorm.com
Tue Jun 30 05:09:06 UTC 2015

Thanks Stan,

This release is few more months. How soon?  Are you planning to support 0.2 in the meantime?

We are really pressed on this transition to 1.0.
For instance. Number 1 user error while dealing with YAQL is using == instead of =.
We had this discussion and you and Alex and you suggested it’s easy to redefine.

But… … The short is we need to move to 1.0 to do it. Because from what I figured so far, in 0.2 I can’t naively extend the an operator, as it won’t parse. I did make it work on 0.2 but this required a hack in the YAQL library itself, need to add ‘==‘ to both lexer.py and parser.py. At least what I figured.

I see the tokens are already generalized in 1.0. It doesn’t seem to worth backporting it to 0.2, but if this is a way, let us know.

Mistral is betting on YAQL, please help.

DZ.