[openstack-dev] [all] grenade with external plugins for the big tent - how to use

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 15:48:23 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Chris Dent <chdent at redhat.com> wrote:

> I started extracting ceilometer from devstack into its own plugin.
> This is working in local tests.
>
> It revealed that it would likely be problematic without there also being
> a grenade plugin. So I started that too.

I should be able to look at the patches below this afternoon, but a couple
of thoughts real quick...

You might need to do this in the other order, ie build the celio plugin for
Grenade first because it will need to make sure the right bits are included
for the target phase, which doesn't use stack.sh and the DevStack plugin
support.  The Grenade plugin can handle both, looking to see if the target
DevStack config has Celiometer set for an external plugin, and if so
include the right bits otherwise handle the existing in-repo stuff.

The DevStack plugin shouldn't change too much re function names, so once
the right includes are in place it should go smoothly.  Most of the trouble
we've seen is getting the right things included in the target GRenade phase.

I'll loop back on this later today (hopefully) and see how close I really
am here... ;)

dt

--

Dean Troyer