[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] Aodh has been imported, next steps

Chris Dent chdent at redhat.com
Mon Jun 29 15:40:53 UTC 2015

On Mon, 29 Jun 2015, Julien Danjou wrote:

> Hi team,
>
> Aodh has been imported and is now available at:
>
>  https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/aodh/

woot!

> I'm pretty clear about the next steps for Aodh and what we need to
> build, but something is still not clear to me. Do we go ahead and bite
> the bullet and remove ceilometer-alarming from ceilometer in Liberty?

This is the big question and is one of the things listed on the
potential agenda for the mid-cylce. When we do the splits do we
deprecate or delete the old code. Given the high chance of us
missing some of potential issues it seems like hasing it some before
the mid-cylce is a good idea.

The two big overarching issues (that inform a lot of the details)
that I'm aware of are:

* If we delete then we need to make sure we're working hand in hand
   with all of: downstream packagers, tempest, grenade, devstack,
   etc.

* If we deprecate will people bother to use the new stuff?

I'm sure there are plenty of others.

--
Chris Dent tw:@anticdent freenode:cdent
https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/cdent