[openstack-dev] [cinder] Need help from folks working on Dell, Storpool and Infortrend drivers

Sheng Bo Hou sbhou at cn.ibm.com
Mon Jun 29 02:58:40 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

For folks who are working on Dell, Storpool and Infortrend drivers:
I have got a new patch for https://review.openstack.org/#/c/180873. There
is a change about how to implement the method update_migrated_volume for
each driver.
The code needs to return the final values for the key _name_id and
provider_location. I have changed accordingly in your driver, but I am no
100% sure of the precision, so I need your reviews on the changes about
your driver. If there is any comment, tell me how to change it. You can
take the implementation for Storwize as a reference.
First, check if the rename works the same for both the 'available' or
'in-use' volumes. It is possible to handle differently.
Then check if the rename is successful, it may return different _name_id
and provider_location values.
There is an explanation about the update_migrated_volume in
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/180873/67/cinder/volume/driver.py

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Vincent Hou (侯胜博)

Staff Software Engineer, Open Standards and Open Source Team, Emerging
Technology Institute, IBM China Software Development Lab

Tel: 86-10-82450778 Fax: 86-10-82453660
Notes ID: Sheng Bo Hou/China/IBM at IBMCN    E-mail: sbhou at cn.ibm.com
Address:3F Ring, Building 28 Zhongguancun Software Park, 8 Dongbeiwang
West Road, Haidian District, Beijing, P.R.C.100193
地址:北京市海淀区东北旺西路8号中关村软件园28号楼环宇大厦3层 邮编:100193