[openstack-dev] [Manila] State of 3rd party CI

Ben Swartzlander ben at swartzlander.org
Fri Jun 26 20:16:39 UTC 2015

Liberty-1 has passed and many exciting things are going on in Manila,
and lots of exciting new features have merged or are being worked on but
we cannot forget the slightly less-exciting topic of CI systems. Just
before the summit I proposed a plan for CI and we agreed to it. The
original thread is here:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-May/064086.html

Most drivers are on track regarding the CI deadlines. As requested, the
maintainers for all of the existing drivers (except one) have signed up
and committed to implementing a CI system for Manila according to the
plan on this etherpad:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/manila-driver-maintainers

The one driver without a maintainer is IBM GPFS. I know that IBM is
going to make a decision soon about the maintainer.

Also, I would like to thank NetApp and HP for not waiting until the last
minute and getting their CI systems reporting already!

The next deadline is liberty-2 (July 30), and by then I expect that all
of the needed accounts in the gerrit system should exist and drivers
maintainers should at least be able to demonstrate passing tempest tests
on their drivers if not reporting upstream. Any failing tests should
have bugs by the next deadline too.

Now that we have a list of maintainers I'm going to check status with
each of you to make sure everything is on track. As I have told many
people privately, don't be afraid to ask for help! The point of having
the staged deadlines is not only to make sure everyone gets started
early but also to identify who needs help and to connect them with
people who can help. We have several resources in the community who
understand CI and have helped others. I want everyone to be successful
setting up their CI system because I don't want to submit a single
driver removal patch in September.

-Ben Swartzlander