[openstack-dev] [Nova] The unbearable lightness of specs

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Thu Jun 25 12:12:41 UTC 2015

We are not in a good way. The 'drivers' team is very small and just have a small handful of people approving these specs is a huge bottleneck. Taking into the fact that the core team is relatively small the cores will most probably not even get to reviewing the code when it is posted, so it will need to be reverted to the next release....
I think that the time has come for us to seriously contemplate splitting parts of nova out like what was done with neutron - that has been a very successful venture