[openstack-dev] [Sahara] Why Sahara request user to give username/password for accessing the job binary in Swift ?

Sergey Lukjanov slukjanov at mirantis.com
Thu Jun 25 11:40:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

Sahara doesn't have user's username and password, only user's token, that
could expire in some time. The simplest installation requires you to
specify credentials explicitly, but you could configure Sahara to access
Swift using proxy user and trusts, more info in docs -
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/sahara/userdoc/advanced.configuration.guide.html#object-storage-access-using-proxy-users

In this case, you don't need to specify credentials at all, Sahara will
create a trust for you and will use it to grant needed permissions to
automatically created user, that will be passed to Hadoop cluster to be
used to access data in Swift.

Thanks.

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 12:10 PM, Li, Chen <chen.li at intel.com> wrote:

>  Hi Sahara,
>

> I’m working under UI.
>
> I have a tenant “demo”, with two users:  admin(role = admin) &  demo.
>
> I’m working as user “demo”.
>

> When I try to create a datasource, it ask me to add username and password
> for swift.
>

> My question is:
>
>     Why Sahara didn’t use current username(“demo”) and password to access
> swift directly ? Like it access keystone/Heat/Glance and other services ?
>

> And, how the proxy user works?
>
> I’m really confusing about this:
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/sahara/userdoc/advanced.configuration.guide.html#object-storage-access-using-proxy-users
>

> Thanks.