[openstack-dev] [oslo] About app-agnostic-logging-parameters

Lingxian Kong anlin.kong at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 10:59:07 UTC 2015

Hi, Daisuke,

* 'resource' is not necessary in logging_context_format_string.
* IMO, I think 'resource' could satisfy your requrement, like this:

LOG.info(_LI('begin some operation'), resource=
        {'type': 'volume',
         'id': '40e0f194-0ccb-422f-a543-c5f9022acb6f'})

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 6:42 PM, Fujita, Daisuke
<fuzita.daisuke at jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> Hi, Doug Hellmann, and oslo.log team members,
>
> I'm Daisuke Fujita of Fujitsu.
>
> May I ask you about this Blueprint?
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oslo.log/+spec/app-agnostic-logging-parameters
>
> This patch has been already implemented in master branch of oslo_log.
> But, blueprint status is " Started".
>
> Is this feature already available?
>
> And, in my understanding it is necessary to add "%resource" to logging_context_format_string(etc) of the config-file when I use this feature.
> Is that correct?
>
> Because I would like to suggest a draft amendment to output a UUID when resource is created, I want to confirm about that BP.
>
> Best Regards,
> Daisuke Fujita

Regards!