[openstack-dev] [api][nova][ironic] Microversion API HTTP header

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 08:25:48 UTC 2015

Hi,

> If renaming "Ironic" to the other, is it still necessary to keep the
> name in the header?
> There are some projects which are already renamed like Neutron, Zaqar
> and the others.
> So "OpenStack-API-Version" which doesn't contain project name seems
> reasonable for me.

I don't think we should make decisions base on those cases, these are
exceptions. But even if it happens the name in the header is the least
problematic thing. When a project is renamed, apart from the massive
refactor in the code other things have to change, packaging, service
files, etc... For the headers you could have both, one with the old
name and one with the new name for a while to give people time to
migrate and then remove the old name. Just like deprecating other
stuff, e.g a configuration option.

Cheers,
Lucas