[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Plugins] differenciate node with the same role - the spec is available

Samuel Bartel samuel.bartel.pro at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 19:21:18 UTC 2015

Andriy,

May be 'role' was not the correct word  here.
For me role are compute, controller, base-os, cinder, mongo. I know that we
can specify that a task A should be executed on some role (controller and
compute for example) and a task B on some other roles (Cinder for example).

To come back to my previous examples with the label feature presented by
Irina :
1/ not apply nova-nfs plugin in all compute nodes
we would assign a label on the nodes on which we want to setup the nfs
backend storage for ephemeral volume. Then in the deploymodule we would be
able to put a condition to setup it or not. Here the cleaner solution would
be in th task.yaml to define a condition to execute the task for a given
role AND a given label (here role would be equal to compute and label could
be equal to nfs)

2/ a plugin to define availability zone:
if I have 3 compute nodes, I would be able to assign az1 label to compute
node 1  and 2 and label az2 to compute node 3. Then in the plugin
deployment moduel I would be able to setup a az called az1 with compute
nodes 1 and 2 and a az called az2 with compute node 3. It is not custom
role as these nodes are compute.

regards

Samuel