[openstack-dev] [grenade] future direction on partial upgrade support

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Wed Jun 24 17:49:01 UTC 2015

> If multi-node isn't reliable more generally yet, do you think the
> simpler implementation of partial-upgrade testing could proceed?  I've
> already done all of the patches to do it for Neutron.  That way we could
> quickly get something in place to help block regressions and work on the
> longer-term multinode refactoring without as much time pressure.

I was going to ask the same about the (arguably MUUCH tinier) patch to
include nova-net in the nova-compute partial upgrade bin.

I know the right answer is working on the multinode job, but fixing that
and then extending grenade to work that way is a significant amount of
work. The fact that we're not testing nova-net with nova-compute
properly right now and claiming we're safe is just lying to ourselves.

--Dan