[openstack-dev] [Nova][Keystone] The unbearable lightness of specs

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Wed Jun 24 15:52:37 UTC 2015

On 06/24/2015 06:28 AM, Nikola Đipanov wrote:
> Gerrit and our spec template are a horrible tool for
> discussing design.
This is the heart of the problem.

I think that a proper RFE description in the bug tracker is the best
place to start.  Not a design of the solution, but a statement of the
problem.

Then, the rest of the discussion should take place in the code. Keystoen
has the Docs right in the code, as do, I think, every other project.
Don't sign off on a patch for a major feature unless the docs have been
updated to explain that feature.  It will keep us from bike shedding
about Database schemas.