[openstack-dev] migrate swift test code from unittest to testtools

Tzu Lao coding1314 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 07:50:43 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I try to contribute code to openstack.

I made a patch to migrate swift test code from unittest to testtools.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/192960/

And I found that my patch often break if other patch change the test code.

For example, the testtools requires that the subclass of the testcase
should call super.setup and super.teardown if you override setup and
teardown.

So if the test code of other patch forget to call super.setup or
supe.teardown, my patch will failed.

Are there good ideas to avoid the issues?

By the way, are there any suggestion for my patch?

Thanks.

Kuo-tung Kao