[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Fuel-library] Using librarian-puppet to manage upstream fuel-library modules

Alex Schultz aschultz at mirantis.com
Tue Jun 23 17:51:50 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

I took some time this morning to write out a document[0] that outlines
one possible ways for us to manage our upstream modules in a more
consistent fashion. I know we've had a few emails bouncing around
lately around this topic of our use of upstream modules and how can we
improve this. I thought I would throw out my idea of leveraging
librarian-puppet to manage the upstream modules within our
fuel-library repository. Ideally, all upstream modules should come
from upstream sources and be removed from the fuel-library itself.
Unfortunately because of the way our repository sits today, this is a
very large undertaking and we do not currently have a way to manage
the inclusion of the modules in an automated way. I believe this is
where librarian-puppet can come in handy and provide a way to manage
the modules. Please take a look at my document[0] and let me know if
there are any questions.

Thanks,
-Alex

[0] https://docs.google.com/document/d/13aK1QOujp2leuHmbGMwNeZIRDr1bFgJi88nxE642xLA/edit?usp=sharing