[openstack-dev] [api][Solum] Request for feedback on new API resource

Everett Toews everett.toews at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Jun 23 13:58:52 UTC 2015

On Jun 18, 2015, at 3:07 PM, Devdatta Kulkarni <devdatta.kulkarni at RACKSPACE.COM<mailto:devdatta.kulkarni at RACKSPACE.COM>> wrote:

Hi, API WG team,

In Solum, recently we have been working on some changes to our REST API.

Basically, we have introduced a new resource ('app'). The spec for this has been accepted by Solum cores.
https://github.com/stackforge/solum-specs/blob/master/specs/liberty/app-resource.rst

Right now we have a patch for review implementing this spec:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/185147/

If it is not too much to request, I was wondering if someone from your team can take a look
at the spec and the review, to see if we are not violating any of your guidelines.

Thank you for your help.

- Devdatta

Do you have this API documented anywhere?

Is there a spec or similar for this API change?

In our experience, it’s best to consider the API design apart from the implementation. The separation of concerns makes for a cleaner review and a better design. The Glance team did a good job of this in their Artifact Repository API specification [1].

Regards,
Everett

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/177397/