[openstack-dev] [infra][neutron] Requirements validations

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Tue Jun 23 09:16:27 UTC 2015

Hi,
In the vmware_nsx project we have done the following:

  1.  In the test_requirements file we have a link to the neutron master [1]. The purpose for this is that the master branch needs to be in sync with the neutron branch and all unit tests have to pass. So each time there is a change in neutron or vmware_nsx we validate that nothing is broken.
  2.  On the infra side we have:
     *    the bot that posts updates for requirements. This keeps the requirements file in sync.
     *   The requirements validation scrip running

We have now hit an issue where the requirements validation is failing. For example [2]. The problem is that the requirements validation does not like:
"pkg_resources.RequirementParseError: Expected version spec in -e git://git.openstack.org/openstack/neutron.git at git://git.openstack.org/openstack/neutron.git"

Any suggestions for addressing this issue? Has anyone else hit this?

Thanks
Gary

[1]. https://github.com/openstack/vmware-nsx/blob/master/test-requirements.txt#L5
[2] http://logs.openstack.org/60/194360/1/check/gate-vmware-nsx-requirements/b294b53/console.html