[openstack-dev] [puppet] Clarification of 'Puppet Modules' Project Scope

Richard Raseley richard at raseley.com
Mon Jun 22 17:05:49 UTC 2015

I am currently hoping to build consensus (or seek clarity if I am the
only one with this question) about the appropriate scope for our 'Puppet
Modules' project.

The question in my mind is if we:

A) Only include those modules which represent a 1:1 mapping with other
OpenStack projects.

B) Also include those modules which provide 'supporting' infrastructure
to OpenStack components.

To be totally transparent, this came to mind for me because I am
currently working with the folks at Midokura to publish a module which
can be used to configure their open source Midonet SDN for Neutron and I
was contemplating whether or not it would be reasonable to be part of
the project.

FWIW, we have carried over the 'puppet-vswitch' repository over with us
as part of the move (which would align with option B), but I didn't want
to assume that was intended to be precedent setting.

Regards,

Richard