[openstack-dev] [Nova] Tracking optional requirements

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Jun 22 16:04:52 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-22 21:05:11 +1000 (+1000), Michael Still wrote:
> Sure, except where the thing isn't in pip... I just learned tonight
> that the libosinfo thing in the review at the start of this thread is
> a c library and some gobject black magic. I think we want it, but it
> will never work as a pip dependancy. So, I think something human
> readable is still required?

I'm hoping to solve this via bindep[1], and will propose a
bindep-format requirements list to nova once I have the package
caching in place for that on our workers and the current
experimental job updated to make use of per-project bindep lists.

[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/bindep/
--
Jeremy Stanley