[openstack-dev] [oslo.messaging][zeromq] Next step

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Jun 22 10:14:26 UTC 2015

On 06/19/2015 08:18 PM, Alec Hothan (ahothan) wrote:

> Do we have a good understanding of what is expected of zmq wrt rabbitMQ?
> Like in what part of the bell curve or use cases would you see it? Or
> indirectly, where do we see RabbitMQ lacking today that maybe ZMQ could
> handle better?
> I have tried to find any information on very large scale deployment of
> OpenStack and could not get a firm number (in terms of number of compute
> nodes).
> Does the OpenStack foundation keeps track of this information somewhere?

At some point BlueHost made it public that they were running 20,000
hosts in a single control plane (no cells). They had to tweak a bunch of
OpenStack for that to work, but it did.

CERN is running around 10K hosts now, they are running cells, I don't
know how many, but they are super open about it, so I'm sure they would
answer if you ask.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague