[openstack-dev] [Ironic][Horizon][Tuskar-ui] Making a dashboard for Ironic

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Fri Jun 19 19:05:41 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm glad that by asking the ironic-dashboard creators to propose their
project to ironic initially (rather than stackforge) we have prompted
this conversation.  We now know that two independent groups of people
have created standalone ironic dashboards, neither of which is currently
part of an OpenStack project.

We have an opportunity for those teams to begin collaborating now.  I
would encourage them to do so, along with both the Ironic and Horizon
teams, on a path forward.  Let's end the talk of -1ing someone's every
patch and instead avail ourselves of one of the many ways in our
community we can achieve and record consensus.  Michael, you have a plan
with a number of steps, one of which is already an approved
cross-project spec.  Perhaps that is a good starting point for this
discussion.

-Jim