[openstack-dev] [Neutron][DevStack] Standing on the shoulders of giants - Linux Bridge testing at the gate

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Fri Jun 19 07:20:02 UTC 2015

Hi,

I wanted to give a quick update on the new experimental job for testing
the Linux Bridge mechanism driver for Neutron.

I believe that there is only one patch that needs to be merged, in order to
get the job to a point where we could move from experimental to
non-voting.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/192906/

Which is a fix that Dr. Jens Rosenboom authored quite a long time ago,
and I stared at for enough time that it is embarrassing - hence the
subject line of this message. Dr. Rosenboom did the majority of the
work to make all this happen in a previous review, centered around
Neutron being the default in DevStack - it just took me a long time
to understand what he did - and then shuffle some code around so that
configuration that we needed at the gate didn't end up in DevStack, and
instead would go into the Linux Bridge job configuration.

You can see the results pretty clearly in this review:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/187235/

When that patch is not applied, we fail all the tempest scenario tests.
When we apply it, we pass all the tempest scenario tests.

Anyway, I'm quite excited about the status of things, and also wanted to
publicly thank Dr. Jens Rosenboom for the work that I borrowed
from him.

--
Sean M. Collins