[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Packaged Fuel and "Feature Groups"

Aleksandra Fedorova afedorova at mirantis.com
Thu Jun 18 14:11:20 UTC 2015

Hi, everyone,

could you please clarify a bit about how FEATURE_GROUPS [1] parameter
is handled in Fuel.

Currently we have it specified at ISO build stage, while from the
description of it it looks like it is just a UI switch which doesn't
change anything deep inside the code.

Can it be changed at master node deployment stage, after master node deployment?

Can we use exactly the same nailgun package to install all the
different "flavors" just by changing configuration parameter after
package installation?

[1] https://ci.fuel-infra.org/job/merged-fuel-specs/Fuel_Development_Specs_build_results/specs/5.1/feature-groups.html#feature-groups

--
Aleksandra Fedorova