[openstack-dev] V3 Authentication for swift store

Coles, Alistair alistair.coles at hp.com
Thu Jun 18 08:39:52 UTC 2015

If we consider specifically the swiftclient Connection class, I wonder how significant a rewrite would be to support session objects? I'm not too familiar with sessions - is a session an object with an interface to fetch a token and service endpoint url? If so maybe Connection could accept a session in lieu of auth options and call the session rather than its get_auth methods.

If we can move towards sessions in swiftclient then that would be good IMHO, since we have also have requirement to support fetching a service token [1], which I guess would (now or in future) also be handled by the session?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/182640

Alistair