[openstack-dev] [Congress] Mid-cycle sprint

Tim Hinrichs tim at styra.com
Wed Jun 17 13:56:56 UTC 2015

Hi Zhenzan,

Yes the oslo.messaging integration task is relevant--oslo.messaging is one
way of achieving cross-process, cross-host messaging.  So I'll count you as
interested for the mid-cycle sprint.

Have you looked at the API call that forces a datasource driver to pull
immediately?   See
congress/api/datasource_model.py:DatasourceModel.request_refresh_action.  We
had envisioned using that to implement a kind of notification from external
services as follows.  The external service queues up a list of changes and
when the queue is long enough runs the API call to force the datasource
driver  hooked up to that service to pull those changes and then publish
them on the bus.  So it's not exactly streaming updates from the external
service (which is good so that Congress can easily rate-limit updates), but
it has almost the same effect.

Tim