[openstack-dev] [Manila] Network path between admin network and shares

Sturdevant, Mark mark.sturdevant at hp.com
Tue Jun 16 18:29:34 UTC 2015

Yes.  I think this is possible with the HP 3PAR.  I'd have to test more to be sure, but if I understand the plan correctly, it'll work.  However, there are limited resources for doing this, so it'll only work if resources allow.  I'm thinking that the administrator config+startup/setup code would setup admin network access and hold those resources to make sure that migration is possible.

I could see a scenario where a backend is usable for shares, but can't spare the extra resources to allow migration.  That could be a problem.  I'm not sure how/if we'd support that.