[openstack-dev] stackforge projects are not second class citizens

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Tue Jun 16 10:09:26 UTC 2015

On 16/06/15 04:39 -0400, gordon chung wrote:
>i won't speak to whether this confirms/refutes the usefulness of the big tent.
>that said, probably as a by-product of being in non-stop meetings with sales/
>marketing/managers for last few days, i think there needs to be better
>definitions (or better publicised definitions) of what the goals of the big
>tent are. from my experience, they've heard of the big tent and they are, to
>varying degrees, critical of it. one common point is that they see it as
>greater fragmentation to a process that is already too slow.

Not saying this is the final answer to all the questions but at least
it's a good place to start from:

https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2015/summit-videos/presentation/the-big-tent-a-look-at-the-new-openstack-projects-governance

That said, this is great feedback and we may indeed need to do a
better job to explain the big tent. That presentation, I believe, was
an attempt to do so.

Flavio