[openstack-dev] [api][nova][ironic] Microversion API HTTP header

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 09:06:48 UTC 2015

Hi,

>> Actually that makes an alternative implementation more valuable. Without
>> microversions those alternative implementations would have to wait a long
>> time to implement fixes to the API, but now can implement and publish
>> the fix as soon as the microversion lands. This means that alternative
>> implementations will lag _less_ behind the primary.
>

> So if our min_version is 2.1 and the max_version is 2.50. That means
> alternative implementations need implement all the 50 versions api...that
> sounds pain...

Yes, it sounds unrealistic.

I think that the alternative implementations will only realistically
work if we had a program in OpenStack that would be responsible for
creating and delivering a reference API for each type of Project
(Compute, Baremetal, Identity, Telemety, etc...), we need a clear
separation of the API definition level from the implementation level.

That said, I'm OK changing the header to not include the project name
but I don't buy the argument about it making alternative
implementations easier.

Cheers,
Lucas