[openstack-dev] [all][release] summit session summary: Release Versioning for Server Applications

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Jun 16 07:44:22 UTC 2015

Doug Hellmann wrote:
> [...]
> I still need to chat with Kyle about some of the neutron spin-out
> projects, since their repositories have the old neutron tags but I don't
> think it's appropriate to use the same version number as neutron for
> newer projects.
> [...]
> neutron 8.0.0
> neutron-fwaas
> neutron-lbaas
> neutron-vpnaas

In Kilo (where they were introduced) those were released as a single
deliverable made of 4 source code tarballs. They would do release
candidates together, release together. My understanding is that they are
not versioned separately, they are supposed to be used at the same
version together.

If that assumption is correct, I think we should still consider it a
single deliverable with a single version scheme, and have the
neutron-*aas all starting at 8.0.0.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)