[openstack-dev] [Solum] Why do app names have to be unique?

Murali Allada murali.allada at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Jun 16 05:31:43 UTC 2015

I think app names should be unique per tenant. My opinion is that this should be solums default behavior and does not require an extra setting in the config file.

I feel the pain of non unique names when I play with my own vagrant environment and deploy multiple 'test' apps. To identify the right app, I either need to save the uuid in a notepad to refer to later, or I just deploy them with unique names, which makes non unique names unnecessary.

I wouldn't want to list my apps and see multiple apps with the same name. If I do, and don't have the uuid saved somewhere, I'm totally lost.