[openstack-dev] If the trove-mgmt-client is not begin by someone, i want to do this work.

Nikhil Manchanda nikhil at manchanda.me
Fri Jun 12 08:52:46 UTC 2015

Hi Li:

Thanks for stepping up, and volunteering to dig into this. Your help
is much appreciated! We did talk about this at the Vancouver Summit,
but as far as I'm aware no one has started on this work for Liberty.

As I had mentioned in one of my previous emails, python-troveclient
does have the client bindings for the management API [1], but these
are not exposed through any shell commands. Getting these API calls
exposed through shell commands in python-troveclient would be a
good .

A bit more long term, we're discussing migrating a lot of the shell
command functionality to the openstackclient, so it might make sense
to expose this as a plugin in the openstackclient  if you're familiar
with that model.

In any case, feel free to stop by #openstack-trove, or email the
mailing list if you have any questions. We're more than happy to help
you get started with this!

Cheers,
Nikhil

[1]