[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Meter rename discussion

Zhai, Edwin edwin.zhai at intel.com
Fri Jun 12 02:42:33 UTC 2015

All,
I'm writing a BP for meter rename @ https://review.openstack.org/#/c/183419/

Simply speaking, we will translate meter querying API for both input and output
if ender user specify an known renamed meter.

Gordon has a performance concern to translate the output given possible huge
number of samples returned. We need a lot of search/replace works.

Do you guys think is it acceptable? Comparing the benefits of meter rename with
this performance concern, we need trade off here.

Best Rgds,
Edwin