[openstack-dev] [puppet][zaqar] Help needed creating Zaqar manifests for puppet.

Richard Raseley richard at raseley.com
Thu Jun 11 13:53:45 UTC 2015

Flavio Percoco wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm reaching out to our puppet community looking for help on creating
> Zaqar's puppet manifests. We've started doing lots of work to help the
> community adopt Zaqar and it'd be a shame to get at the end of the
> road without having OPs friendly deployment tools.
>
> I tried to work on this myself and then Jay Clark helped out a bit.
> Here's the code[0], which is unfortunately not complete.
>
> This said, I realize packaging is important and I'm happy to say that
> there's a package for fedora/centos and Zigo is working on debian's
> (Zigo, I know you're blocked by something I need to do, it's coming
> ;).
>
> So, can we get some help from the puppet team during Liberty to create
> these manifests?
>
> It goes without saying that we're more than happy to help if needed.
>
> [0] https://github.com/jasontclark/puppet-zaqar
>
> Cheers,
> Flavio
>
> P.S: Puppet is just a start, in the future it'd be awesome to have
> support for other deployment tools.

Flavio,

Apologies for not yet replying to your email dated June 4th.

I have time set aside tomorrow (Friday from 1PM - 4PM) to begin review
of the work that's already done and start enumerating what the next
steps are. Look for some updated information from me either tomorrow
afternoon or over the weekend (which I'll share here for visibility).

What TZ are you in (in case I need to poke you with some questions)?

Regards,

Richard