[openstack-dev] Getting rid of suds, which is unmaintained, and which we want out of Debian

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 08:08:55 UTC 2015

There's only one cinder driver using it (nimble storage), and it seems to
be using only very basic features. There are half a dozen suds forks on
pipi, or there's pisimplesoap that the debian maintainer recommends. None
of the above are currently packaged for Ubuntu that I can see, so can
anybody in-the-know make a reaasoned recommendation as to what to move to?

On 11 June 2015 at 10:26, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The current maintainer of suds in Debian sent bug reports against all
> packages depending on it. We would like to get rid of suds completely.
>
> See:
>
> https://bugs.debian.org/788080
> https://bugs.debian.org/788081
> https://bugs.debian.org/788083
> https://bugs.debian.org/788085
> https://bugs.debian.org/788088
>
> Affected projects are: cinder, nova, trove, ironic, and finally
> oslo.vmware.
>
> So, are we moving to suds-jurko? Or anything else?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

Duncan Thomas