[openstack-dev] [oslo] oslo releasing is noisy...

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Jun 10 13:53:13 UTC 2015

Victor Stinner wrote:
> Le 09/06/2015 18:31, Thierry Carrez a écrit :
>> We are currently exploring the option to repurpose the
>> openstack-announce ML to be the extensive record of release
>> announcements. It's part of a larger plan to streamline library
>> releases, about which Doug should start a discussion pretty soon now.
>
> In the Python community, there are "Special Interest Groups" (SIG) which
> have their mailing lists: distutils-sig, import-sig, mobile-sig, etc.
>
> https://www.python.org/community/sigs/
>
> Maybe we can move some traffic to new mailing lists, like a new
> openstack-oslo@ list, instead of using tags in the subject?
>
> Anyone would be able to choose to subscribe or not to openstack-oslo.

We've been considering that in the past, but figured that would result
in further fragmentation of our community and loss of even more common
culture. The goal is that we form a single community, beyond each
specific project team, and openstack-dev (and #openstack-meeting,
and...) has been a tool we've been using to keep that.

You can search the list for past threads, which contain good advice on
how using stronger client-side filtering and/or topics filtering to keep
some sanity navigating this list.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)