[openstack-dev] [Manila] Ask for help on supportting the 3-rd party CI for HDFS driver

Li, Chen chen.li at intel.com
Wed Jun 10 07:48:07 UTC 2015

Hello Manila,

There is a HDFS driver in Manila summited by our team in Kilo, so I guess we do own this driver in Manila for current situation.

But, CI systems are really new to us, and we heard from other teams that they took almost one year to implement a CI for going through all the company processes and building all related staff for it.
And , the biggest issue we have is there is not enough resource to actually implement and maintain the CI as that is not allowed by the team's strategy.

We strongly believe the HDFS driver will be really useful in Manila/Openstack, and might be used by other Openstack projects such as Sahara/Cognitive which are big data related projects in the near future, thus we don't want to see the driver to be remove.

Do we have a volunteer to take over the CI for HDFS driver as it is an open source distributed storage system which actually has no vendor dependency ?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks.
-chen