[openstack-dev] [all] starting oslo releases without namespace packages

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Jun 9 15:57:02 UTC 2015

Today we started releasing versions of some of the Oslo libraries
without the "oslo" namespace package. This represents a
backwards-incompatible API change, so we have raised the major version
number on those libraries where appropriate (oslo.vmware is not yet 1.0,
so we didn't raise the major version there).

There are several more libraries to be released in the coming weeks, as
part of the remove-namespace-packages blueprint. We expect to have all
of them done by the end of liberty, and I am submitting changes to the
global requirements list to raise the minimum supported versions of each
lib as versions without the package are tagged.

Doug