[openstack-dev] [magnum][horizon] Making a dashboard for Magnum - need a vote from the core team

Bradley Jones (bradjone) bradjone at cisco.com
Tue Jun 9 14:24:05 UTC 2015

Sure, I’ve got the patch ready just waiting on a final decision re: governance.

Brad

On 9 Jun 2015, at 14:46, Steven Dake (stdake) <stdake at cisco.com<mailto:stdake at cisco.com>> wrote:

Adrian,

I think you are on the road but perhaps you have access to email.

Can you pull the trigger on your preferred governance approach?  Brad will do the rest (creation of stackforge project, etc)  From my perspective, the UI spec is ready to hit the repo and we shouldn’t block these folks good work because we can’t make a decision :).

Given the broad interest from a lot of interested parties and no defined best practice in OpenStack for handling UI governance, I think a separate magnum-ui-core may make the most sense so the Magnum core team responsible for the infrastructure doesn’t balloon with a bunch of folks that don’t know much about Magnum in detail.  If the ui dev team has slow reviews, which I doubt, we can add magnum-core to the magnum-ui-core team as a subteam in gerrit.

I know this is a change in my previous stance, but I didn’t expect such broad interest.

Brad,

Once we get a decision from Adrian, can you submit a stackforge repo creation and link the review on this thread so interested parties can review appropriately?

Regards,
-steve