[openstack-dev] [pulp] use of coinor.pulp rather than pulp

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Jun 8 07:50:18 UTC 2015

We have coinor.pulp in our global-requirements, added by:

commit 9c4314cbaf77dadc5c6938d3ab38201b1e52c67d
Author: Yathiraj Udupi <yudupi at cisco.com>
Date:   Wed Oct 23 13:18:43 2013 -0700

    Added a requirement to COIN PULP LP Modeler module

    This requirement is needed for a reference constraint solver implementation
    included as part of the solver-scheduler blueprint.

    Change-Id: I50177485d6d2034f2c15121cc2a56b720ff006fd
    Implements: blueprint solver-scheduler

But this module is actually not PULP at all: its a namespace package
whose only reason to exist is to do:

from pulp import *
__doc__ = pulp.__doc__

in it's __init__.py.

And it has an evil setup.py that downloads distribute (yes, that
temporary fork of setuptools) from the internet every time, currently
fails to install for me on Python3.4...

I'd like to replace that with just PuLP
(https://pypi.python.org/pypi/PuLP/1.5.9) which is the actual thing,
and appears to be maintained and tested on current Pythons.

Any objections?

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>