[openstack-dev] [all] [stable] No longer doing stable point releases

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sun Jun 7 08:51:31 UTC 2015

On 06/01/2015 10:40 AM, Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
> No time synchronization between projects, no freeze dates, nothing, just
> SemVer compatible version bumps e.g. once per two weeks or month.
> Would it fix your problem?

How do you check if project X in version n works with project Y in
version m, using this non-scheduled point release "free for all" model?

Why every 2 weeks? Why every month?

Not synchronizing brings a bunch of problems. The only problem raised by
synchronous point releases is "we don't have enough resources", which I
fail to understand, given how cheap it is to tag a release. If the
release managers don't have enough time to do so, it is my view that
it's ok to give this power to individual projects. But that's orthogonal
to having synchronous point releases.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)