[openstack-dev] Standard way to indicate a partial blueprint implementation?

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Fri Jun 5 04:57:54 UTC 2015

On 06/04/2015 05:23 PM, Zane Bitter wrote:
> Ever since we established[1] a format for including metadata about bugs in Git
> commit messages that included a 'Partial-Bug' tag, people have been looking for
> a way to do the equivalent for partial blueprint implementations.

<snip>

 > I have personally been using:
>
>    Implements: partial-blueprint x
>
> but I don't actually care much. I would also be fine with:
>
>    Partially-Implements: blueprint x

If we need one, second one gets my vote.

I'm not sure we actually need one though.  Do we really care about the
distinction between a commit that fully implements a blueprint and one that
partially implements it?  I'd expect that most blueprints require multiple
commits, and so "blueprint X" could implicitly be assumed to be a partial
implementation in the common case.

Chris