[openstack-dev] [api] [Nova] [Ironic] [Magnum] Microversion guideline in API-WG

Ruby Loo rlooyahoo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 14:23:00 UTC 2015

On 4 June 2015 at 02:58, Xu, Hejie <hejie.xu at intel.com> wrote:

> And another guideline for when we should bump Mircoversion
> *https://review.openstack.org/#/c/187896/*
> <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/187896/>

This is timely because just this very minute I was going to send out email
to the Ironic community about this -- when *should* we bump the
microversion. For fear of hijacking this thread, I'm going to start a new
thread to discuss with Ironic folks first.

> As I know, there already have a little different between Nova and Ironic’s
> implementation. Ironic return min/max version when the requested
> version doesn’t support in server by http-headers. There isn’t such thing
> in nova. But that is something for version negotiation we need for nova
> also.
> Sean have pointed out we should use response body instead of http headers,
> the body can includes error message. Really hope ironic team can take a
> look at if you guys have compelling reason for using http headers.

I don't want to change the ironic code so let's go with http headers.
(That's a good enough reason, isn't it?)  :-)

By the way, did you see Ironic's spec on the/our desired behaviour between
Ironic's server and client [1]? It's ... <add your own adjective here>.

Thanks Alex!

--ruby

[1]
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/kilo/api-microversions.html