[openstack-dev] [packaging] Adding packaging as an OpenStack project

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jun 4 00:27:02 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-04 02:01:25 +0200 (+0200), Thomas Goirand wrote:
> FYI, I'm also for having a separate namespace, just because adding more
> than 150 Git repositories at once in /openstack will be a huge mess.
[...]

Simply from an infra standpoint there's no real distinction. We only
ended up with that extra level of namespaces originally so we could
match repo names up to the org structure imposed by Github. I and
many others would love to just get rid of our current git namespaces
entirely, so I'd prefer not to go adding new ones. A repo is a repo
from the standpoint of Gerrit and the rest of our infrastructure,
and the part of the name before the / is mostly arbitrary (and
becoming more and more so with the Big Tent).
--
Jeremy Stanley